Specialties related to this treatment:
We understand the unique biomechanics of running. Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and athletic trainers will work with you to design a rehabilitation program to improve your running mechanics and reduce your risk of running-related injuries.
The road to recovery
If a running injury is holding you back, our specialists can put you on the road to recovery. A comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation helps physical therapists assess the cause(s) of your injury. Other injury assessment and consultation options include:
- Complete examination and treatment of acute and chronic injuries, including knee pain, hip pain, back pain, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, Achilles tendonitis, strains, sprains, and stress fractures
- Running-specific muscle imbalance assessment, including flexibility and strength testing of low back, hamstring, gastroc/soleus, quadricep, abdominal, and tibialis anterior muscles
- A biomechanical assessment, including malalignment or imbalance, and other compensatory mechanisms
- Video analysis of running gait, frame-by-frame analysis of arm carriage, trunk rotation, hip drop, leg alignment, foot placement, and rearfoot motion to detect problems in running form
- Footwear analysis and recommendations
- Analysis of foot structure, mechanics, and current shoe selection
- Running-specific exercises to enhance strength and flexibility and minimize re-injury
Physical therapists who understand running are available for educational presentations that include:
- Care and prevention of running injuries
- Shoe recommendations
- Treatment of acute and chronic injuries
- Free injury screenings
To schedule a running presentation, call 612-672-2722.
AlterG® anti-gravity treadmill
Are you trying to reach a new level in your running performance? Take advantage of the AlterG's ability to reduce your weight bearing so you can work out harder for longer, with less stress on your joints.
Locations that offer this treatment
M Health Fairview Clinic - Fridley
Open: Closes at 6:00 PM763-586-5844