How It Works
Log in any time, anywhere
Diagnosis in an hour
Conditions Treated via eVisits
Depression/Anxiety Related Issues
Urinary Infections/Bladder Concerns
Other General Concerns
An eVisit is a way to get care for certain conditions without needing to schedule an appointment or come in to the clinic. We’ll ask you some questions about yourself and your symptoms, and a member of our eVisit team will respond with a care plan or recommendations for what to do next. An eVisit should be used only for non-urgent medical conditions, as it may take up to 1 business day to receive a response. If you need urgent medical care, please contact your clinic by phone or find a nearby urgent care center. For medical emergencies, call 911 immediately.
You may be asked to enter your credit card information before your eVisit is submitted. If the eVisit is cancelled, your payment will be refunded. If you are redirected to the clinic, you also may not be charged. The cost of an eVisit can be from $45 to $90, depending on the amount of time required by the provider to determine treatment. Most private insurance companies cover eVisits. Insurance coverage may reduce your out-of-pocket costs. If you have government insurance, please check with your insurance company for your specific benefit coverage for this service.
- Log into your M Health Fairview MyChart account at https://mychart.fairview.org
- Click the Menu button in the top left corner of the home screen. Then select Start an eVisit under Find Care.
- This will bring you to a page that provides overview of what an eVisit is, lists symptoms appropriate for visit type, and informs patient what to expect. Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
- Select your current location.
Note: Our providers are only licensed in the state of Minnesota, so you must be in MN to participate in an eVisit.
- Select the reason for your visit. For most appointment types, you may choose whether you would like to send the eVisit to your primary care provider or the next available provider for faster results.
- After confirming your eVisit details, you will be taken through a check-in process asking for personal information, insurance information, and any medications or known health issues and allergies.
- The eVisit will then take you through a series of questions regarding your reason for the visit.
- Some questions may require a written response and/or provide an opportunity to upload any photos of your symptoms.
- After answering all the questions, you will be able to review your responses before submitting the eVisit to your provider. You can expect to receive a MyChart message with a response from your provider within 1 business day.
- If you would like to check on the current status of your eVisit, select the visits tab on the MyChart home page.
- Scroll down on the visits page until you find your desired eVisit. Then select the details button.
The eVisit will be completed by an M Health Fairview provider, but you do not need to be a patient of M Health Fairview to use it. We want everyone to have easy access to convenient care. You can sign up for an account with M Health Fairview by following the link above.
Most conditions we treat are for those up to age 75, but we evaluate all ages for COVID-19.
Not all patients and not all conditions are appropriate for online care though. If you start a visit and we feel at any time we cannot safely provide care online, we’ll offer advice to get the right kind of care. And there is no charge for the visit.
If you already have a MyChart account for your child and proxy access to their account, you can continue through the steps above. If you do not have access to your child’s MyChart account or if you are new:
- Children ages 0-11: you may call 1-855-324-7843 and request to set up a MyChart account for the child. If you prefer, you can be seen by video in our virtual urgent care.
- Teens ages 12-17: at this time, you are not able to set up a MyChart account without a visit. A COVID-19 screening requires an order placed for teens which can be completed in a video visit with one of our providers through a virtual urgent care visit.
Remember, if we can’t safely treat you online, there’s no charge.
You will be offered the opportunity to enter your insurance information at the beginning of the visit. We will bill your insurance for the visit. It is important to check with your insurance to find out if they pay for eVisits. You will be responsible for any copayments or if your insurance does not cover eVisits.
You do not have to use insurance you are welcome to pay for your eVisits out of pocket. You may use a credit card, debit card, or Health Savings and Flexible Savings Account cards.