Zoom Video Visit
Prepare for your Zoom video visit
Before your appointment
Make sure your computer or mobile device has a camera, microphone, and speaker.
Download Zoom Desktop Client for Mac, Windows, ChromeOS, and Linux, or Zoom Mobile App for iOS and Android devices. You do not need to set up an account or log in for your video visit. MyChart patients: Visit the MyChart signup page if you need to create a new account. Go here for instructions on how to get the MyChart App on your mobile device.
At the time of your appointment
Non-MyChart patients: Your provider or care team will send you an Email invitation around the time of your visit. Click the link in the Email to join the visit.
MyChart patients: Follow detailed instructions below.
Zoom Video Visit Instructions
Desktop or Laptop Instructions:
1. Log into MyChart.
2. Select Visits, then Appointments and Visits.
3. Locate your upcoming video visit.
4. Complete the eCheck-In process.
Note: If you are already checked in for your appointment, the ECHECK-IN button will not appear. Select the DETAILS button instead.
5. Select the BEGIN VIDEO VISIT button. This will launch the Zoom Desktop Client on your computer. Please wait on this screen until someone from your care team calls you.
Mobile Device Instructions:
2. If this is the first time using the app, select Add Organization and search for “MHealth."
4. Select Appointments, then locate your upcoming video visit.
5. Complete the eCheck-In process.
Note: If you are already checked in for your appointment, the eCheck-In button will not appear.
6. Select the Begin Visit button when it appears at the bottom of the screen. This will launch the Zoom Mobile App on your mobile device. Please wait on this screen until someone from your care team calls you.
Zoom Video Visit FAQs
If your video visit will include an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter, use these steps to pin the interpreter to the larger screen?
- Once in the video visit, hover your mouse over the interpreter and click the ellipsis (3 dots) in the upper-right corner.
- Click Pin from the dropdown menu.
- Make sure your computer or mobile device is charged or plugged in to a power source.
- Establish a secure internet connection with your computer or mobile device. Wired connection is better than wireless (Wi-Fi). Wired or wireless connection is better than cellular data for mobile devices.
- Minimize other websites/applications running on your computer or mobile device while participating in the video visit.
- Find a private space in a quiet, well-lit area without distractions. Take a seat, if possible (so you don’t move).
- Set the camera down at eye level, if possible (rather than holding it).
- Dress as you would if you were being seen in the clinic.
- Have your phone ready in case your care team needs to contact you for any reason.