Specialties related to this treatment:
This program offers patients with knee or hip OA the opportunity to trial knee and hip unloader braces during their physical therapy appointment. Unloader bracing takes pressure off your joint to reduce pain and help you get back to the activities you enjoy. The unloader braces that we trial in clinic are supported by numerous clinical studies that show physical therapy and unloader bracing are a great way to reduce pain, improve your activity tolerance and strength which can help you lose weight, improve your quality of life, and delay or prevent surgery.
Unloader One® X
Figure 1. Photograph courtesy of Össur
Unloader knee bracing works best for those with the following problem(s):
- Mild to severe unicompartmental osteoarthritis (Pain on either the inside or outside of your knee)
- Degenerative meniscus tear.
- Unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, such as
- Articular Cartilage Defect Repair
- Avascular Necrosis
- Tibial Plateau Fracture
Unloader hip bracing works best for those with the following problem:
- Moderate to severe hip osteoarthritis
The Unloader Brace Program can help those who want to:
- Reduce pain with activities like walking, stairs, running, squatting and daily activities
- Delay hip or knee surgery, like joint replacement
- Return to your preferred activities including contact activities
- Increase strength
- Move with increased confidence
- Reduce the use of pain medication taken for knee or hip pain
To learn more about the brace program or to set up an appointment please call 763-586-5607.
Locations that offer this treatment
M Health Fairview Clinic - Fridley
Open: Closes at 6:00 PM763-586-5844