Medical Records

Your Information, Our Commitment to Privacy


As a patient of our healthcare system, you have the right to view and request a copy of your medical record. The information in this section is meant to help you understand what we can do to help you, and how you can gain access to your confidential health details. View more information about our commitment to privacy at our privacy page.

Requesting Your Medical Records

You do not need to use the authorization form if you want to use MyChart to read your records online. Please visit the MyChart login page for more information.

Release of Information Forms

To request the release of your private health records, please download and fill out the Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information forms. 

The instructions for how to complete the form are on page 2 of the form. You may call the phone numbers below for help completing or submitting your form. If representatives are assisting other callers, please listen carefully for recorded message options.

Please note: Staff at these numbers will not share your health information verbally.

Release of Information Pickup Location (by appointment only)

2450 Riverside Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55454
M Health Fairview Phone: 952-924-5165
M Health Fairview Fax: 952-915-8824

You also may email your request to

Contact Information for Release of Information

M Health Fairview Hospitals and Clinics
Phone: 952-924-5165
Fax: 952-915-8824

Fairview Range
Phone: 218-362-6627
Fax: 218-362-6678

Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital
Phone: 218-326-3401
Fax: 218-999-1513

Changing Your Records

If you would like to request a change to your medical record, complete a Request for Amendment to Health Information form and send the completed form to us at the address on the form.

Transferring Medical Records

If your medical records (electronic medical record) are with M Health Fairview, they are available to all areas of M Health Fairview and you don’t need to transfer them. If you need to transfer records from outside of the M Health Fairview system, ask your care provider what steps to take to move your records.

Birth Certificates

If you or your child was born at one of our hospitals and you need a copy of your birth certificate or a change to a birth certificate, please contact the county health department where the infant was born.

M Health Fairview Lakes Medical Center, Chisago County


M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center, Mille Lacs County


M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital, Dakota County


M Health Fairview Bethesda Hospital, Ramsey County


M Health Fairview Midway Hospital, Ramsey County


M Health Fairview St. John’s Hospital, Ramsey County


M Health Fairview St. Joseph’s Hospital, Ramsey County


M Health Fairview Woodwinds Hospital, Washington County


M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center, Hennepin County



M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital, Hennepin County 612-348-8240