The Birthplace at M Health Fairview Lakes Medical Center5200 Fairview Blvd.
Wyoming, MN 55092Get Directions
Joy is Born Here: The Birthplace at Fairview Lakes Medical Center delivers hundreds of babies every year but we never lose sight that each and every birth is unique. We work closely with you and your health care provider to support the choices you make about your child's birth to ensure your experience is exceptional.
- Therapeutic labor techniques and support tools, including birthing balls, peanut balls, squatting bars, essential oils and inhalers
- Obstetricians and nurses
- Latest options for pain relief, including nitrous oxide
- Lactation support – We are a designated Baby-Friendly® Hospital – a prestigious honor that recognizes facilities that offer mothers the information, skills and confidence to successfully breastfeed their babies. Certified, caring lactation consultants are on hand to assist and support you for successful breastfeeding. All registered nurses in The Birthplace have had at least 20 hours of education about lactation. We also offer appointments with a lactation specialist after you take your baby home.
- Private rooms with free Wifi so you can immediately announce your baby news.
- Childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting classes are taught by registered nurses at The Birthplace. Choose Fairview Lakes Medical Center as the location to see the full menu and register for a class.
- Web-enabled televisions
- Refrigerator in your post-partum room.
Should your baby arrive early, our team is able to consult with neonatologists at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. If your baby should need more advanced care, he or she can be transported to the Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis.
We’re looking forward to providing you and your family with the most safe and comfortable setting to welcome your newest member.
Tour the Birthplace: See the video below for a virtual tour of the beautiful, functional birthing environment M Health Fairview provides.
Are you pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant?
If you’re looking for a physician to care for you during the planning phases of your pregnancy, while you're pregnant and after you give birth, we partner with many outstanding health care providers in the area. Our OB intake nurse is at . If you just learned you are pregnant, our intake nurse will answer your questions and help match you with the physician that's right for you.
Should I pre-register with the hospital?
Yes, you should pre-register before you go into labor. Pre-register online or call .
What if you need special care for a high-risk pregnancy?
Are you experiencing complications in your pregnancy or are you at risk of experiencing a medically complicated pregnancy? Expecting multiple babies? Do you have a family history of birth defects or genetic conditions? Physicians at Fairview Lakes Medical Center work in conjunction with the specialists at University of Minnesota Health Maternal-Fetal Medicine Centers to provide care for pregnant women who are — or who have a high risk of — experiencing a medically complicated pregnancy. Maternal-Fetal Medicine offers care at three metro-area locations in Burnsville, Edina and Minneapolis.
Specialties at this Location
Hours, appointments and contact phone numbers vary by service and specialty. Click on the specialty below to view hours: