M Health Fairview St. Joseph's Campus45 W. 10th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102Get Directions
Please note: The emergency department at this location has closed. To find another M Health Fairview emergency department, please click here.
As we undertake work to transform the M Health Fairview St. Joseph’s Campus into a community hub of health and wellness, most specialty services have been transferred to other sites in the system. Your care team can help you confirm the location of all scheduled services. To learn more about this transformation, click here.
M Health Fairview St. Joseph's Campus (formerly known as HealthEast St. Joseph's Hospital) offers exceptional treatment in the heart of downtown St. Paul.
Specialties at this Location
Hours, appointments and contact phone numbers vary by service and specialty. Click on the specialty below to view hours:
Directions & Parking
Patient & Visitor Information
Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJ’s) in 1853, St. Joseph's Hospital in downtown St. Paul is proud to hold the distinction as Minnesota's first hospital. Although much has changed in health care since the hospital's early days, the practice of providing high quality, compassionate care remains constant. As a Catholic hospital, the values of the CSJ’s are especially reflected in our welcoming all people as the dear neighbor, promoting human dignity, caring for the poor, embracing spiritual well-being, and supporting a relationship of mutual respect, trust, and honesty for our patients and providers. Go here to learn more about these values.
Family and friends play an important role in the healing process and are welcome to visit. However, we ask that you are respectful of the patient's need to rest during recovery.
- Anyone with an infectious illness or recent exposure to a contagious disease, such as chickenpox, flu or measles, should not visit the hospital.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building or on the campus grounds.
- We are fragrance-free and latex-free. Please avoid wearing perfume or aftershave. Do not bring latex balloons as gifts.
- Maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatment.
Our main entrance is open from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
General visiting hours: 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Inpatient mental health (patient care units 4500 & 5500):
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7 to 8 pm
- Weekends & holidays: 10:30 to 11:30 am
Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
Inpatient geriatric mental health (patient care unit 2600)
- Monday - Friday: 12 to 1 pm & 5 to 6 pm
- Weekends & holidays: 12 to 4 pm
Up to 2 adult visitors (at least 18 years old) are permitted to visit at the same time.
ICU visiting hours: Critical care/intensive care unit (ICU) visiting hours may be limited during certain times to allow for patient care and patient needs.