M Health Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center - Minneapolis909 Fulton St. SE
Suite 2-201, Minneapolis, MN 55455Get Directions
Patients experience the same innovative care from world-renowned specialists, but benefit from an enhanced environment and services including:
- Extended clinic hours
- Convenient scheduling
- Easy check-in and check-out, including eCheck-In from home via MyChart
Within the Clinics and Surgery Center, we have both freestanding and hospital-based clinics, which are part of University of Minnesota Medical Center. The hospital-based clinics are noted in each clinic listing below.
Specialties at this Location
Hours, appointments and contact phone numbers vary by service and specialty. Click on the specialty below to view hours:
Directions & Parking
Fulton Street Parking Notice: If you self-park at the meters on Fulton Street, please pay close attention to the parking signs. Parking is restricted Monday - Friday:
From 7 to 9 a.m., there is no parking at the Fulton Street meters.
From 7 to 11 a.m., there is no parking at the Fulton Street meters from Erie Street to the entrance of CSC
If you park at the Fulton Street meters during these times, your car is at risk of being towed.
For questions or concerns with your parking experience, ask for a valet services supervisor or manager.
Patient & Visitor Information
The University of Minnesota Clinics and Surgery Center is a new, 342,000-square-foot care facility that opened in February 2016 on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota Medical Center campus. The five-floor facility was designed and developed around the twin principles of innovation and accessibility. To meet that vision, we offer expanded clinic hours and leverage state-of-the-art technology to improve the patient experience. During your visit to the Clinics and Surgery Center, your care is coordinated seamlessly across multiple specialties and your treatment is led by our highly skilled, collaborative care teams.
Inside the Clinics and Surgery CenterThe center houses 37 adult medical specialties, ranging from primary care to neurology to cardiology. In addition to these clinics, the center also includes the following facilities or features:
- An Ambulatory Surgery and Procedure Center
- A retail pharmacy
- Imaging services, including interventional radiology and mammography
- A café with a full service menu for patients and visitors
- 171 spacious exam rooms
- 10 operating rooms in our Ambulatory Surgery and Procedure Center—six of which will be open on day 1—where surgeons can provide surgery for healthy patients who could then be discharged the same day of their procedure.
- 6 procedure rooms, for patients who need minor surgeries or procedures requiring local anesthetic or conscious IV sedation. Examples include vein ablations, cataract procedures and more.
Care ConnectIn the Clinics and Surgery center, our Care Connect system helps care teams easily find patients and each other. Care Connect provides a better staff and patient experience by reducing wait times, and helps us to deliver more personalized care. Patients and staff are asked to wear a Care Badge that helps us know their location within the Clinics and Surgery Center. You will receive a Care Badge at check-in to wear during your entire visit. When your care provider is ready to see you, the badge will allow one of our staff members to find you and bring you to the appropriate location for your appointment. Care Connect reduces patient wait times by alerting clinic staff if a patient has been waiting too long at any point during the visit. During your visit to the Clinics and Surgery Center, you may need to access care at multiple locations within the building. For example, a patient who visits our Orthopaedic Clinic on the fourth floor may need additional CTI or MRI imaging, which is located on the first floor. With Care Connect, our care teams can keep an eye on your progress and be ready for you each step of the way.
Fostering medical innovationClinical research is core to our mission and sets our care apart. The Clinics and Surgery Center was designed to accommodate research, and we hope the facility will help us engage you in the process of innovation and discovery. University of Minnesota’s StudyFinder is a one-stop shop that allows our patients to look up any eligible clinical trials and connect with our research teams. Patients are able to access this tool in Discovery Bars stationed throughout the Clinics and Surgery Center. Be sure to check out our video monitors in the building for news about new research advancements. Don’t worry, our research teams work seamlessly with our care teams to ensure that your experience, should you choose to participate in a research study, is as smooth and convenient as possible.
For information on Metro Green Line (closest stop is Stadium Village Station) and Metro Transit bus routes and stops, go online to metrotransit.org or call the Transit Information Center at 612-373-3333.
M Health Shuttles
There are shuttles available for patient and visitor transportation between the Clinics and Surgery Center and other campus locations.
East Bank Shuttle: This shuttle runs on a continuous loop between 3 locations on the East Bank; Clinics and Surgery Center, Phillips-Wangensteen Building and the main hospital building (University of Minnesota Medical Center/Unit J).
Clinics and Surgery Center/West Bank Shuttle: Shuttle travels between the Clinics and Surgery Center and University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital (South Building) on the West Bank. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes. Departs from the Clinics and Surgery Center on the hour, and 20 and 40 minutes after the hour. Departs from West Bank (South Building) 10, 30 and 50 minutes after the hour.
M Health Shuttle Hours
Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
(After hours: Shuttle pick-up available between 8-10 p.m. by calling 612-273-4544)
Saturday, 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
(After hours: Shuttle pick-up available 5:30-7 a.m. by calling 612-273-4544)
The closest light rail stop to the Clinics and Surgery Center is the Stadium Village metro station, however this is a 4-5 block walk from the station to the Center. There are no shuttles from the Stadium Village metro station taking riders directly to the Clinics and Surgery Center.
For patients who want to use light rail transportation and need shuttle assistance, they should exit the train at the East Bank Metro Station and walk south on Harvard St. SE until they reach the new Health Sciences Education Center (which is under construction) or the main hospital entrance, just a little further on Harvard Street.
The University of Minnesota's Stadium Superblock Circulator picks up at Health Sciences Education Center (which is under construction) every 15 minutes (between 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) and transports riders to the Clinics and Surgery Center. Patients who walk one block further to the main hospital entrance can ride the Clinics and Surgery Center shuttle that departs "on demand". East Bank Bus Circulator.
The Clinics and Surgery Center is designed for you. Community focus groups and conversations with our patients drove many of the design and patient experience features you'll find during your visit.
Before your visit
Please log into MyChart and check the Visits tab to see if you have any Check-In requirements. You may have pre-visit prep like medical history questionnaires to fill out prior to your visit.
You will be greeted at the entrance by a Concierge team member who will escort or direct you to your appointment location.
- Using a handheld tablet, a Clinic Coordinator will check you into your appointment.
- If it’s your first visit, we will ask to take your photo. This helps your care team get to know you and deliver more personalized care.
- You’ll be given a Care Connect badge to wear during your visit. This badge allows clinic staff to easily find you when it’s time for your appointment, and alerts staff if you have been waiting too long at any point during your visit.
- If you haven’t done so from home using MyChart, you may be asked to complete your pre-visit questionnaires or confirm your current medications on a tablet before you see your provider.
During your visit
- The Fulton Street Café on Floor 1 offers great selection of food and beverage options, including sandwiches, salads and snacks.
- Visit the Discovery Bars on each floor to learn more about University of Minnesota Health and explore clinical trial opportunities.
After your appointment
If you were prescribed a medication, consider using the convenient pharmacy on Floor 1, and leave with your prescriptions in hand, avoiding an extra stop. You can also sign up to get refills mailed directly to your home.
Before you leave
- Use the valet tablets on the Discovery Bars on each floor to call for your car and pay the $7 valet fee. Or stop by our parking desk at the north exit to pay for valet or self-parking fees. (If you self-park at the Oak Street Ramp, bring your ticket inside and receive a discounted rate by paying at our parking desk vs. paying at the ramp exit.)
- Don’t forget to drop your Care Connect badge in the bins at each exit.