22nd Annual Cutting Edge in Transplantation: Breaking Through Barriers
OVERVIEW | Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Organ transplantation remains a dynamic field of continued interest and excitement. The 2021 Cutting Edge in Transplantation Conference will focus on historical perspectives and new insights gained through technological advances, research, and novel interventions in organ transplant, as well as challenges and barriers related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Healthcare professionals including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, care coordinators, social workers, and other allied healthcare providers.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize one recent change in management of auto islet patients
Name one impact the COVID-19 pandemic had on solid organ transplant
- Describe one benefit to using Eplet testing for donor and recipient matching
- List one transition clinical staff made during the COVID-19 pandemic Describe impact of updated immunosuppression regimen on incidence of post-transplant rejection
- Identify one new medication used in the treatment of Cystic Fibrosis
- Name one limitation in 2020 for living liver donor transplants