Understanding COVID-19 Vaccine Criteria
M Health Fairview is currently giving COVID-19 vaccines to all individuals ages 12 and older.
Some COVID-19 vaccines require two doses. Please choose a first appointment that allows you to return exactly 21 days (Pfizer) or 28 days (Moderna) later at the same location (depending on the vaccine). Your second vaccine appointment will be scheduled when you receive your first dose, if a second dose is needed.
*Please note: Individuals that are 12 to 17 years of age must receive the Pfizer vaccine.
We are now offering booster doses of COVID-19 vaccines to anyone 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Two months must have passed since you received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
We are also offering booster doses to individuals who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and who also have one of the following risk factors:
• People 65 years and older.
• Residents in long-term care settings.
• People ages 50 to 64 with certain underlying medical conditions.
• People ages 18 to 49 who are at high risk for severe COVID-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions.
• People ages 18 to 64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of where they live or work.
To be eligible to receive a booster dose of the Pfizer vaccine, six months must have passed since your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. Some people may prefer the vaccine type that they originally received, and others may prefer to get a different booster. Boosters using the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are available only at our retail pharmacies. Please call ahead to the pharmacy for scheduling availability. Boosters using the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine are available via MyChart, by calling your clinic, or by calling your pharmacy.
If you have a condition that is not outlined above and believe you need a booster, please consult with your healthcare provider.
There are 3 options to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Most Retail Pharmacies: Our retail pharmacies are now scheduling appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations. Please call your local pharmacy location to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment. The Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available at our retail pharmacies.
- Four HUB Sites: To schedule an appointment at a hub site listed below, please log onto your MyChart or call 612-336-2690, option 1. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are offered to patients age 12 and older at the following hub sites:
- Some Primary Care Locations: Primary Care clinics have the COVID-19 vaccine available for patient’s during scheduled appointments. Please ask your provider about the options during your visit.