Understanding COVID-19 Vaccine Criteria
M Health Fairview is currently giving COVID-19 vaccines to all individuals ages 12 and older.
Some COVID-19 vaccines require two doses. Please choose a first appointment that allows you to return exactly 21 days (Pfizer/BioNTech) or 28 days (Moderna) later at the same location (depending on the vaccine). Your second vaccine appointment will be scheduled when you receive your first dose, if a second dose is needed.
*Please note: Individuals that are 12 to 17 years of age must receive the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
Beginning Thursday, Sept. 30, M Health Fairview will start offering booster doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to the following groups:
• People 65 years and older.
• Residents in long-term care settings.
• People ages 50 to 64 with certain underlying medical conditions.
• People ages 18 to 49 who are at high risk for severe COVID-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions.
• People ages 18 to 64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of where they live or work.
To be eligible to receive a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, six months must have passed since your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. If you received the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you need to do nothing at this time. Additional information will be shared with you on Moderna and/or Johnson a& Johnson vaccine boosters when it is available.
If you have a condition that is not outlined above and believe you need a booster, please consult with your healthcare provider.
Additionally, third doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are currently available to immunocompromised patients.
There are 3 options to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Most Retail Pharmacies: Our retail pharmacies are now scheduling appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations. Please call your local pharmacy location to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment. The Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available at our retail pharmacies.
*Please note: Supply of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is currently extremely limited.
- Four HUB Sites: To schedule an appointment at a hub site listed below, please log onto your MyChart or call 612-336-2690, option 1. The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are offered to patients age 12 and older at the following hub sites:
- Some Primary Care Locations: Primary Care clinics have the COVID-19 vaccine available for patient’s during scheduled appointments. Please ask your provider about the options during your visit.